Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Next time...*grumble*

I always try to follow the written recipe once.

Even when I KNOW the dry to wet ingredient ratio they have me using is NOT going to bode well.

Low and behold, a rather dry, crumbly cake plopped out of my pan in three pieces. I know this pan. A well-made cake falls perfectly out of it without a crumble missing.

So, it's in dire need of a good glazing to take the edge of the dry off. But flavor wise it's very nice, not ridiculously sweet and just rich enough. It'll still be good, it just won't be pretty.

Next time I'm just adding the concentrated Earl Grey to my usual, standby chocolate pound cake recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed, my dear Everly. This recipe, as you see, was a little difficult. I think next time I make it I may add another egg and see how it turns out. Taste-wise it was a hit, though!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome! This blog deals with many aspects of my daily life, from the sweet and silly to the sad and stressful. And like any blogger, I CRAVE feedback.

There will be times when this blog deals with weighty issues of doctrine and theology. I welcome various differing opinions and believe civil, healthy debate is a good thing. However, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, as the saying goes, and I will defend the Church if She comes under attack. Thank you for understanding. :-)