Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Short: Opposite Reactions

I arrived home with a new potato ricer last night, very pleased with myself for making said purchase and having at least five different uses for it in my head at the moment.

Me: Look! Isn't it cool?

Mom: What the heck is that?

Me: It's a potato ricer.

Mom: What does it do?

Me: Purees stuff. It was only 30 dollars.

Mom: *makes a face that I can only describe as bulging eyes and Disapproving Mom Mouth coupled with her Inflation-Still-Bothers-Me noise.*

Me: . . .

Mom: The idea is just...very foreign to me.

Five minutes later...

J: What's that?

Me: It's a potato ricer.

J: You know usually you have either potatoes or rice, but not both.

Me: Ha, ha.

J: What does it do?

Me: It forces boiled potato through at an angle, resulting in little fluffy rice-sized grains of potato...

J: ...So in other words it makes the best homemade mashed potatoes ever?

Me: Yes.

J: SCORE!

*High five*

1 comment:

Hello and welcome! This blog deals with many aspects of my daily life, from the sweet and silly to the sad and stressful. And like any blogger, I CRAVE feedback.

There will be times when this blog deals with weighty issues of doctrine and theology. I welcome various differing opinions and believe civil, healthy debate is a good thing. However, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all, as the saying goes, and I will defend the Church if She comes under attack. Thank you for understanding. :-)